The canopy was situated on a courtyard next to the Allegheny River in the picturesque town of Foxburg, PA. The sun came out in the middle of the afternoon and it was perfect for the outdoor wedding.
Lois left on Tuesday this week. Tomorrow Peggy and Marie are coming for the weekend and on Sunday we are meeting Leigh and Jill to bring Heidi, Kirsten, and Shane here for a week. Methinks I had better keep my running shoes on!
And now for my garden pictures. It was so sunshiney this morning I decided to take my pictures a day early.
My impatience do well by the door going into the back of the garage. It gets shade there most of the day. Looks like I should get a new pot for next year, though!
This is a hollyhock that I planted last year. It has flower buds on it and I can hardly wait til they come out! Hollyhocks are an old-fashioned flower. I think they are biannuals.
My row of sunflowers in the right picture are looking toward the sun as usual!
The second row of potatoes that I planted in the garden near the house were big enough to hill this week.
A close-up of one of my tomato plants, thoroughly mulched with grass clippings.
Below is a picture of my tomato patch. It is time to get the stakes in and start tying them up.
The first row of potatoes that I planted is still growing vigorously and I have hilled them several times. There are blossoms coming on them as well as on my tomato plants.
Ah, zucchini squash. I planted some seed inside in little pellets to get a head start on the season, and this is one of them. We love it stir-fried with peppers and onions and cheese. And zucchini bread, and z-bars. We can hardly wait!
So far, I am almost keeping up with the garden. It usually gets ahead of me come August, but I really do love June in the garden!
Oops, I just realized that a couple of pictures that I was downloading are missing. I do them three at a time, and it is rather tedious. One was of my potato patch in my outer garden, which is doing well. The other was a close-up of a potato plant that showed the blossoms. If there was a third one, I cannot remember it! I sure wish it was as easy to do pictures here as it is on facebook...
Next week my garden pictures will have grandchildren in them hopefully!

No comments:
Post a Comment