Wednesday, October 1, 2008



What fun to have Jeannette come for a visit! We had a potluck supper for her here on Monday, September 15. We had about 20 people or so come. Several of them had not electricity at home from the previous nights high winds (thanks, Ike), and we appreciate them coming and leaving those problems behind!


Jeannette seems rather frail in her body (see the cane handle in the bottom right corner of the picture) but her personality has not lost any of her feistiness! She had lots of stories to tell us, including about her early days in coming to meetings and going in the work. We have such good memories of her back in the 60's and 70's when she was in PA and trying so hard to keep us straight!


We have a 40+ year old tradition from the Lindberg family to make cream puffs when Jeannette comes, so we upheld it for this special occasion! And, of course, we had to have Jeannette pose for this picture! Afterwards she told us, "I spit on every single one of them!" In spite of that she didn't get to eat them all!

I told Jeannette that I was going to call the picture of the three of us, "I still wish they had gone in the work", but she said she had gotten over that long ago!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW your grandchildren are growing! Interesting site... I'll enjoy looking at it from time to time.

-Joel C